The Residents at The Commons decided to make one of our favorite homemade candies, Buckeyes! We used a classic recipe that took us back in time and we shared stories from our childhood days. Here is our recipe and we hope you try it soon!
- 1 (18 ounce) jars creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter (softened) or 1/2 cup margarine (softened)
- 1 lb confectioners’ sugar (about 3.5 cups)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 12 ounces chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet)
- Cream peanut butter and butter.
- Add sugar and vanilla and mix well.
- Form into 1 inch balls and refrigerate.
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Dip balls into chocolate with a toothpick about 3/4 of the way covered.
- Place chocolate side down on waxed paper.
- Let set at room temperature or refrigerate.