Celebrating the 4th at The Commons!
July 6, 2017The Residents at The Commons of Brightmore made a delicious patriotic treat for Independence Day! Nothing is better to beat the heat and festive for July the 4th like our Red, White & Blue Cake. Residents chopped berries, made pudding, and we used a butter pound cake to make this yummy dessert that can be decorated any way you would like. We recommend you make it for your next family cookout. Happy 4th of July!
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 lb. strawberries
- 1 large box of vanilla instant pudding (5.1 ounces)
- 3 cups milk
- 12 ounces whipped topping (1 large container)
- 1 large loaf of store bought pound cake
- Rinse berries and pat dry.
- Slice strawberries then set aside.
- Cut pound cake into one inch cubes then set aside.
- Whip 3 cups of milk with large pack of instant vanilla pudding until thickened (follow package instructions).
- Fold in half of whipped topping into pudding mixture. Set aside the rest.
- In a large cake pan start to layer ingredients, pound cake, pudding, plain whipped topping.
- Use fresh berries to decorate top layer as you desire.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.