The Commons Lifestyle
The Commons at Brightmore Personal and Memory Care provides residents with three meals per day in the main Dining Room and in the Dining Rooms of the Paraklay and Magnolia neighborhoods, each with trained staff to assist in the resident’s unique dining needs. Special dietary needs are met at The Commons at Brightmore and private dining and parties can be accommodated by Campus Food Services.
• Private and Semi-Private Studios and Suites
• Daily Chef-prepared Meals and Restaurant-style dining
• Public Rooms including multiple Family Rooms and Arts & Crafts Room
• Caring, certified staff available 24 hours a day
• State of the Art Emergency Call System
• Security and Safety of single-level living
• Campus Therapy Gym and Walking Trail
• Wellness program with exercise and pool therapy available
• Active social calendar including scheduled entertainment and outings
• Beauty/Barber Shop
• Church services
• Private Nourishment Area
• Educational Classes/Support Groups for community & families
• Three Meals a day (therapeutic diets available)
• Electricity included
• Individual Heating & Air Conditioning
• Daily Housekeeping
• Weekly Linen Service
• Personal Laundry Services (except dry cleaning)
• On-site Maintenance
• Medical Transportation
• Medication Administration
• Pharmacy Services
• Person-centered Care Plans
• Assistance with Grooming
• Coordination of Therapy Services, if needed
• Security Services
• Secure Memory Care in Therapeutically-designed Paraklay Way
Staying active mentally and physically is important to our residents at The Commons. Our Mondays start with a “Fit & Fun” class taught by Janet Cappilary. Janet has her Senior Fitness Certification from the IFTA. Her expertise and her bubbly personality is exactly what our residents need to get moving. We do exercises to improve balance, flexibility, endurance, and strength using hand weights and strength bands while listening to oldies.
The residents of Paraklay Way at The Commons at Brightmore made treat bags for the Veterans at the facility. The residents enjoyed chatting about their husbands, brothers, and fathers who were in the military, and also about what they did at home to support them. One of the residents talked about how she would volunteer at the USO and would teach the young soldiers how to dance, she stated that even though her toes got stepped on more than a few dozen times she wouldn't have traded those moments for anything in the world.
Two Thursdays a month the folks at Sincerely Yours Gift Shop make a stop at The Commons of Brightmore. Our residents love coming by to shop for handmade items, snacks, toiletries, gifts, cards and so much more. Mark your calendars for our next visit on August 18 & 25 from 1:00PM-3:00PM in the Multipurpose Room!