On Tuesday, April 10, 2018, the residents at The Commons spent the morning on Paraklay Way taking part in our weekly Cooking Creations program. This week we baked cinnamon croissants. First we started off making a delicious cinnamon butter that you can put on almost anything, but today we spread it on buttery croissants to bake. Be prepared to smell the cinnamon in the air as they bake! We encourage you to make this recipe, as our residents loved them and we know you will not be able to eat just one!
1 tube (8 count) Crescent Rolls, unrolled and separated
4 tablespoons butter,softened
¼ cup white sugar
2½ teaspoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter, melted
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons powdered Sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375
Place the unrolled and separate crescent rolls on an un-greased rimmed cookie sheet (one with sides).
In a small bowl, mix together the butter, sugar and cinnamon
- Evenly spread the cinnamon butter over the crescent rolls and roll up tightly.
- Place tip side down on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Place in a zip lock bag and snip a tiny corner off.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cinnamon rolls.