On Tuesday March 28th, the residents at The Commons of Brightmore had a special visit from Chef Ryan. He helped us get into the mood for spring by making a honey mint fresh fruit salad. We watched him expertly cut and prepare the fruit while he told us fun facts and tips about our favorite fruits. Residents loved it so much that we think you should give it a try.
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- ½ watermelon
- 1 pineapple
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 3-pound cantaloupe, halved, seeded
- 1 12-ounce basket strawberries, hulled, halved
- 4 kiwis, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups seedless grapes
- Whisk lime juice, honey and mint in large bowl to blend. Using melon baller, scoop out cantaloupe. Add all fruit to syrup in bowl; toss to combine. Let stand 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend. (Can be made 3 hours ahead. Cover and chill.) Spoon fruit into goblets.