On Tuesday Chef Ryan wowed us with his impressive pizza dough slinging skills at The Commons of Brightmore. He whipped up a batch of pizza rolls for us to enjoy and the cheese and pepperoni filled rolls were delicious. In case you don’t have your own Chef to whip up some fresh pizza dough many local pizzerias and specialty grocery stores sell fresh dough for you to purchase. The recipe was a hit and the residents at The Commons are excited for the next time we have this tasty treat!
1 pound pizza dough, store bought or homemade Mozzarella & Cheddar Cheese , shredded (about 1 cup)
24 pepperoni slices, quartered
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
Pinch of salt
4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the pizza dough out into a large rectangle. Sprinkle shredded cheese mixture on the dough. Top with pepperoni pieces.
- Carefully roll the dough together into a log and then slice into 1 inch pieces and place in the pan.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and cook the garlic for 1-2 minutes over medium-low heat. Remove from heat and stir in dried basil, oregano, parsley, and a pinch of salt. Brush the pizza rolls with the garlic butter, reserving half of the mixture for later.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are golden. Remove pan from oven and brush with more garlic butter. Sprinkle rolls with Parmesan cheese.
- . ENJOY!!